Saturday, February 1, 2014

FNN! Fairytale News Network

No-one Asked, Doodle!!
Cuckoo Update 02/01/13


So this was the last project I did for my art class last semester, and I never really had the chance to post anything about it...




For our last assignment for school, we were supposed to make a website for our "alter-ego" that we were supposed to create, and I decided to be a failure songwriter who can't do anything right. That went on for a while, and I actually filmed the video for it where I dressed up like a dude and was paranoid, egoistic, on top of an over-all fail (because we're required to make one video) and decided that if my "alter ego was that much of a fail, I wouldn't have a website in the first place.

THUS, I BECAME THIS:

An egoistic fairy-tale news reporter who gets you the latest and juiciest news and gossip from around fairy-tale land. I basically took Snow White from the Shrek series, threw in a photoshopped background, and gave her wings and called it my alter-ego,

And thus began my adventures in making a believable fairytale news network, which includes the following articles:


  •   "Frozen: Elsa the Snow Queen"      Her Life, Her Rule, and Her Changes
  •   "10 MUST VISIT PLACES"      Before saying "Happily Ever After"
  •   "Churchbells Ringing"      2013's Five Most Perfect Weddings
  •   "The Girl Who has Everything"      Why Ariel has No Right to Complain
  •   "I Don't Eat Children"      Hansel and Gretel Ruined Her Life
  •   "Dorthy The Murderer"      The Court Revisits the Dorthy Cases
  •   "All About the Bears"      Crafty Carver's Secret to Success
  •   "Leaving Emerald City"      The Wizard of Oz Officially Retires
  •   "Which Witch is Which?"      The Good Witches of Our World
  •   "Being Polite"      A Guide to Unspoken Rules

 
I had a lot of fun coming up with all of these titles, but I almost wish that I could write all of these articles, because they sound like they'll be so fun to read. I also included a joke between the NAD-life artists, in which we had something called "My sketches are so sketch that..." and came up with a bunch of random sketchy things that we thought were "oh so funny..." (which we may post sometime in the future)

I also ended up making this error page because I was too lazy to make all the other pages in the side bar, and this ended up looking something like this...



hahaha, but in the end, these images all belong to dreamwork and pixar, and I just used what I needed for a class project, and decided to share it with you guys...

BUT GOSH DARN IT I WANT THIS WEBSITE TO BE LIVE, THAT WOULD BE SO FREAKING FUNNY TT.TT

Meh, I can always dream, right?

~Cuckoo Clock

 P.S. Haha, as you can tell, we're kind of not keeping a schedule anymore. With life going on for everyone else, and the fact that I'm leaving for studying abroad, it's kind of hard for all of us to keep in pace with the blog, no matter how much we want to. We'll still post as much as we can though, just to share our crazies, arts, ideas and etc because sharing is caring!

But anyway, I also wish you all a late happy lunar new year! (because we're Asian, and we celebrate that, and get good food out of it :D)







No comments:

Post a Comment