Tuesday, November 26, 2013

SONATA

No-one Asked, Doodle!!
Cuckoo Update 11/26/13


So this is the final version of a school project that I just finished recently....which took waayyyyy too long (a.k.a first time using sketch-up and that program be sketchhhhhyyyyyy. SO TIRESOME!)
But yeah, for this project, we were asked to make a hypothetical gallery/floor-plan proposal based on real art galleries, and I chose the floor plan of the Hartnett Gallery of the University of Rochester (that's not where we are, just in case you're wondering).

I thought it looked kind of like a grand piano, so this came to be: SONATA, a New (not really classical) Orchestral Experience.

Basically, we have lots of motion sensors, a bunch of strings, some padding for percussion session, and petals, and you got a trippy high tech museum orchestra.





Of course, while I did spend way more time than necessary figuring out how exactly everything works (let's just say you have to assign an code ID to each element to trigger a different note/sound by the program, with on-site speakers right above the element and a surround sound system that incorporates all sound), there's no way this would happen in real life, unless you got some pretty hefty budget.

WHICH is what I'm going to do if I ever turn rich....and keep this in my basement...and just run through it all day.


BAM


Well, i'm glad it's finally done. That was hell....once again, I DO NOT enjoy sketch-up.


~Cuckoo Clock

No comments:

Post a Comment