Monday, April 1, 2013

Cuckoo Clock Effect: Welcome to the future


Princess didn't come back home on time, so she didn't make the update on Sunday...but to make that up, here's a little present.

My mom and I have really different tastes, and she usually sends me pointless stuff...
BUT, occasionally, she would strike gold.




Cuckoo Clock Effect
(Welcome to the future...random videos that my mom sent on a whim)

Oh, just a couple sleeping...wait WHAT?


Alright, so when I first saw this, I was like: "Alright mom, what the heck, are you trying to tell me to wake up early because that's what's normal...again?" But then I continued watching, and watching and WOAH THAT STUFF IS COOL! I mean, sure, half of that stuff kind of already exists, and having glass turn into random heating patches can be dangerous, but have your mirror become a personalized computer? Draw on your sister's picture on whims without a marker? Have your laptop roll up and weigh something along the lines of a transparency sheet (yeah, old-school transparencies. You know what i'm talking about)? I like the sound of that! Though the part where the asian lady walks up and the map automatically turns into Chinese? That's freaking racist. I never knew glass can be racist...

Of course, the kids go to a private school

Well well well, who would have thought, the kids go to a private school (looks like an elementary school). So I'm guessing the rest of us, the average people who go to public schools and can't afford cool looking gadgets like those will just have to live in a different country then. You know what, we know you're advertising to rich people so you can get the funding, but do you have to make it that obvious? Ok, to be honest, I don't have a problem with any of that...I just need toe explain that because it's also kind of hard to convey tone through the internet...

But really, that many kids handling that many pieces of what seems like easily-breakable, highly-expensive technology and no accidents? Well, unless the glass has titanium compounds or something...I guess...and is it me or does that teacher look way too happy (I guess you have to pretend to be happy in a rich kids school, or you're going to get at least one Malfoy complaining to daddy all the time. Dude, I don't know about your school, but some of our public school teachers have to work hard not to look angry, and prefer not to work too hard on that subject).

But yeah, besides the extremely baffling Chinese doctors (racist! Why do your doctors have to be Asian? Trying to say something? Why can't you have penguin doctors from Antarctica if you want to impress me, HUH? Are you saying penguins can't be doctors?!)  scanning a patient and producing a holographic image that allow you to take pieces of brain out, and the "amazingly precise" dinosaurs, and the extremely fake emotions, I'm pretty fond of where this video is getting at.



Well, that's it for today, I need to go to bed now.

Goodnight!

~Cuckoo Clock



_______________________________




This project is part of The Clogged Typewriter
I claim no ownership of any videos shown in this post.


Click here to find out about this project or other projects and tags.
OR
Tell us how you like this post or anything else about the Fruity-Blast Challenge by commenting below or contacting us through email.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment