Monday, February 24, 2014

Cuckoo Clock Effect #6: Things Aren't The Same

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY TO US!!!! YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF OUR BLOG (that has, unfortunately, already passed...)

BUT anyway, still a huge thank you to all of you who pay attention to our creative bombardment!

:D

So here I am, finally in Asia, and one thing I noticed is that things are definitely different from what I'm used to back in the states...


Cuckoo Clock Effect
(Things Aren't the Same - Experiences in Beijing pt 1)



DUCKS DUCKS EVERYWHERE:


Ducks...so many ducks...just chilling...and plotting unspeakable crimes.
Ok, so maybe not these ducks. This picture was taken when I went to Yunnan China back in 2009. But to the point: the first five days I was in China, 3 of the dinners I had included roast duck, and at least 7 of my meals included some sort of duck.

Take this for example:


Broiled duck Ramen. That's what this is. And it tasted absolutely lovely. But seriously. Ducks are everywhere....
(02/27 - I also had a duck breast panini yesterday. It was legit)




PECULIAR CHARACTERS:

Ok, so this is pretty true in many cities, but THIS is definitely unusual to me:

Case 1:
This car...it's Freaking BLUUEEE
No, it's not the blue car, but see the people running around in the soccer field? And even beyond that, the number of people who are in the tennis court? Well this was the same day that I got this message from the International Student office....



Yup, because it warnings are just warnings, they don't matter. 

I actually got really sick after being outside for 2-3 hours walking continuously on the 21st, when this message was still not sent. The PM 2.5 levels reached a hefty 400+ on one of these days I forget which, and the PM 10 count wasn't lower than 300 on those two days either. But yeah, the amount of tissues I'm blowing though is equivalent to the number of ducks a level 5 tornado can pick up in a all duck zone (ok, maybe that wasn't the best metaphor ever...but it's a heap load of tissues.)

Case 2:


This cat. Ok, First of all, this cat has gorgeous clear crystal green eyes, but it had the scariest glare ever, and I swear if I got any closer, it would have clawed me. But anyway. This is a WILD cat (it's fur is so dirty, and it has fur missing from part of its tail, though it seems completely unharmed). Apparently, there are lots of wild cats on campus, and this one just happened to have sneaked into one of the school buildings. Ok, maybe not sneaked in. It might have straight up marched in, but I don't know that. Anyway, none of the students even seemed to see the cat, as if a sitting cat staring at a sitting man is the most common thing ever. But what ever, I find it interesting.




AMAZINGLY PACKAGED BEVERAGES:


There are soooo many, but I only  a few. I will probably explain them later, because I can :D


Alright, That's all for now. 

I'm gonna head to dinner now

~Cuckoo Clock

No comments:

Post a Comment