Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sketches: EUROPEAN Bread

Fruity Blast Challenge 03/16/13
Kiwi Blast Challenge
Design Seed Palette Here:  -°∆°-



Breadddd....I don't know, maybe it's because I lived in Europe for some time as a child, I've come to hate American Bread...
It's just that in the part of Europe I grew up in, you get fresh bread everywhere you go- even in grocery stores, you can get freshly baked, steaming-fresh-out-of-the-oven bread early in the morning. In the States (at least the few places I've lived, prove me wrong if you know otherwise) though, it's a whole other story. Fake flabby rubbery fake bread everywhere. And if you get artisan bread, it's usually super tough on the outside and not soft enough on the inside, because it's usually not that fresh (when I say fresh, I mean just-out-of-the-oven to less-than-two-hours-out-of-the-oven fresh). I'm looking for that crunchy on the outside (but not too hard) soft on the inside (a bit moist and fluffy, not soggy or spongy/rubbery) bread that has the aroma of what I consider to be heaven....

It's even worse because I went back to Europe for two and a half months back in 2011 to visit family, and got fresh bread (with the best yogurt ever) every morning for breakfast. When I came back to the states, breakfast was a nightmare because even though cereal and milk is a pretty good combination, it'll never beat fresh bread and delicious creamy yogurt....It's still fresh in my mind, and even writing about it is making my mouth water like crazy....(no, I'm not drooling just yet, for those who read This Post).

Fine, I lied...you can find freshly baked bread in stores in the states, but it still taste like glorified crap when compared to European goodness. Now that I think about it, Europeans just have better food in general, which is so sad, because I love food...

If you live in Europe, you lucky lucky europeans......I WANT YOUR FOOD TT.TT

But yeah...I was craving freshly baked bread the other day, and thus this drawing.

~CuckooClock


_______________________________



The Kiwi-Blast Challenge (Part of the Fruity Blast Challenge series): Challenges accepted by CuckooClock, usually in areas of realistic, sketches, graphics, or experimentation in Photoshop painting. To be completed Tuesdays, Thursdays, and (bi-weekly) Saturdays

Click here to find out about this project or other projects and tags.
OR
Tell us how you like this post or anything else about the Fruity-Blast Challenge by commenting below or contacting us through email.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment